"I'm gonna live where the green grass grows...

Watchin' my corn pop up in rows
Every night be tucked in close to you
Raise our kids where the good Lord's blessed
Point our rocking chairs towards the west
Plant our dreams where the peaceful river flows
Where the green grass grows"


...someday I hope :) With Hunter being gone maybe I just have too much time to wonder and dream about what our next "adventure" will be like. If you don't already know we are currently waiting for a more permanent opportunity to arise with Hunter's job. Which most likely means another move BUT this time we will get to stay and settle in, buy a house, get to decorate, and then entertain the thought of another baby...maybe :) Until then I find myself reading the pioneer woman, Farm Boy by Archie Lieberman, listening to way too much country music (yes, I will admit I rather enjoy it) and day dreaming of living on a little bit of land with a garden and a place for Miles to explore with a very large outdoor dog (sorry Kiev, I love you but you are my indoor high maintenance girl).
My dad grew up working on a farm and I won't pretend to even know what that kind of hard life is like but in my ignorance there still seems to be a constant longing inside me to live that way... I want to be on a farm, working hard as a family, away from the city, quieter, more focused on a few important things instead of a lot of un-important things. I blame my dad, its in his blood and now its in mine :)
the old farm house my dad grew up in

0 comments:

Post a Comment